View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM
1515greenlight
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Facing forward, punching buttons

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
1515 -

Is this the attitude of most Purple and Brown pilots?
Do they believe they are "super pilots"?

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR:

Sorry I missed your post. Been enjoying the sun and doing a bit of fishing.

I can't really say what they believe as a whole. The one's I know, junior and very senior, are all very qualified and highly competent individuals. Some military, some civilian. All had a lot more than min's when they got hired obviously. Like any cross section of society, they each have the standard 5% element, just like every other airline. They all work hard and consider themselves professionals like we all do.

Obviously, recent economic events are causing some chafing, just like at all carriers. For them, it's a bit tougher since the express cargo business model has always been pretty much bulletproof. But even with the downturn, like other cargo outfits, many are sitting back after having heard for years from some legacy types that they were "only" cargo drivers because they weren't "good enough for the majors," and possibly smiling a bit. Not at others bad fortune, but that their jobs seem a bit more secure than the SLF types.

But that said, back to your original question. They're a pretty good group of folks and I doubt any of them would swap seats for a legacy job.