Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

The Plan

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

You guys act like I am the first ever arrogant pilot give me a break.

I am confident about gettin on at amflight for the following reasons(since it seams to me that perhaps my op came off a blindly arrogant as opposed to optomisticly confident

1. Amflight has a history of hiring at 135 mins
2. I have found that when a man sets his mind on something he is bound to get eventually, this is a function of persistance and polite determination
3.AMF has relativly high attrition.
4. This one is rather speculative: For most higher time pilots than myself, AMF IMHO would be regression in terms of pay/equipment/QOL

In regard to Fed ex and UPS, these companies are merely aimpoints for me nothing else, they represent my long term goals.\

Thank you
Old 04-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: A320 Captain

Slipped:
I don't think anyone is personally attacking you but you apparently haven't understood anything that has been said.

1. AMF has a history of hiring at 135 mins.....hence the word history. Right now you will need twice that to get an interview.
2. Its great you set your mind on something, but like everyone has said things can change you need to adapt to it. For instance, right now you probably won't get on at AMF so if something else comes up take it.
3. What attrition? That's what everyones been trying to tell you, there isn't any. The industry is in real bad shape, where would someone go?
4. No, it wouldn't be that much of a regression. I've spent time as a regional captain, a LCC FO and if AMF came calling tomorrow for a job I would most likely take it. You still don't understand, right now things are so bad that a job is a job....with a few exceptions.

So enjoy what you are doing right now because there is a very small chance of something coming up and if/when something does be very, very greatfull to have it.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

People have def. been attacking me.
*crying*
Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Facing forward, punching buttons

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
1515 -

Is this the attitude of most Purple and Brown pilots?
Do they believe they are "super pilots"?

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR:

Sorry I missed your post. Been enjoying the sun and doing a bit of fishing.

I can't really say what they believe as a whole. The one's I know, junior and very senior, are all very qualified and highly competent individuals. Some military, some civilian. All had a lot more than min's when they got hired obviously. Like any cross section of society, they each have the standard 5% element, just like every other airline. They all work hard and consider themselves professionals like we all do.

Obviously, recent economic events are causing some chafing, just like at all carriers. For them, it's a bit tougher since the express cargo business model has always been pretty much bulletproof. But even with the downturn, like other cargo outfits, many are sitting back after having heard for years from some legacy types that they were "only" cargo drivers because they weren't "good enough for the majors," and possibly smiling a bit. Not at others bad fortune, but that their jobs seem a bit more secure than the SLF types.

But that said, back to your original question. They're a pretty good group of folks and I doubt any of them would swap seats for a legacy job.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by slipped View Post
You guys act like I am the first ever arrogant pilot give me a break.

I am confident about gettin on at amflight for the following reasons(since it seams to me that perhaps my op came off a blindly arrogant as opposed to optomisticly confident

1. Amflight has a history of hiring at 135 mins
2. I have found that when a man sets his mind on something he is bound to get eventually, this is a function of persistance and polite determination
3.AMF has relativly high attrition.
4. This one is rather speculative: For most higher time pilots than myself, AMF IMHO would be regression in terms of pay/equipment/QOL

In regard to Fed ex and UPS, these companies are merely aimpoints for me nothing else, they represent my long term goals.\

Thank you

Couple of things... AMF has ceased hiring and canceled upcoming ground school. AMF attrition is zero right now. Why? easy, NOBODY IS HIRING. Might need that plan B very very soon. GL