Thread: Layovers in POS
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:23 PM
cpatterson19
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by Convairator View Post
Trinidad and Tobago layovers are the best! I had them every single day for six months while I was flying freight on that route. You have to walk outside the pax terminal and turn left on the sidewalk and walk over to the 2 foodcarts on the east side of the terminal and eat 2 doubles with sliced pepper. The best doubles in trinidad are at the airport terminal and only 2.50 TT. You can eat a full meal there for lunch for about 80 cents US. Then take a maxi taxi and head downtown for even more food and exploring.

If you are on a long layover, take a private taxi up to Maracas Beach and eat at the shark shack.

Or if its in season, head over to the stadium and see a Soca Warriors football club game. Those are the best, even though tickets can be hard to come by at times. Truely an amazing experience

I envy all you guys who get to see TT and I don't. Imagine I was born there and never reall had a chance to see the place. I was supposed to meet a friend of mine for carnival but he couldnt non rev down there. Thankfully I left early and went to Guyana for a week.

Convirator who runs cargo down there......would love to work for them and get me some TT exposure. Need to get me a TT passport too. That way they cant tell me how long to stay in my own country.