Old 11-03-2005, 07:04 AM
UConnQB14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: Glass
Default future?

with all of this talk, it is assumed that like everything else in the industry, this wont happen overnight (the exception of course is the hiring process)... with that being said (with whatever validity there is to it), what does this hold for a person like myself who is slowly working the way up to a spot where with only 600TT and 100multi I could get on with expressjet or eagle? does this mean going back to the days of new hires having 2000 hours to be competitive and everyone is on a boeing or bus? the industry is hard to predict, like sky high said, but where do you expect the industry to head for new pilots if RJ's are taken out of the picture...

secondly, and probably more importantly... looking at the numbers, there are A LOT of guys up for retirement in the next ten years... with RJ's out of service (?), will fewer pilots enter/stay in the market, or will they stay in to hopefully snatch up those prized positions currently held by the gray hairs high on the totem pole?

for a young guy like myself, the gray hairs are starting to come quick, and i dont even hold a line yet... the way i see it, the next 5-10 years could be really unsteady