Thread: Scope Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 10:32 PM
HERCBUS
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: A300 FO

Tony C:

The language in the TA, changing the name FDX to FedEx Corp, is nothing more than semantics. The original contract came out in May 99.
FDX Corp (also known as FedEx Corp) was formed in 98. Prior to Jan 2000 FedEx Corp was known as FDX Corp. So this parent company name change is no big deal. The parent company was held accountable in the old contract, the names have just changed, so keeping FDX in the TA would be a typo.

Do I think tying Scope to the parent company is important? YES, but it already was tied to the parent company, so no new improvements there.

The poison pill change was nice. But I bet that any company with enough money and lawyers can dismantle a scope clause. Scope clauses remind me of Delta's infamous Force Majeure clause. Lot of good that did.

AV8RMIKE:

You sound like a smart dude. Keep working on those math formulas so dumbasses like me can figure this out. I completely agree with your assertion of the value of an "A" plan. Counting on the company for defined benefits is like counting on a captain to buy the new hire a cold beer....it is hit or miss.