View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Rogue Pilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Left most of the time

Flex is still accepting resumes, but I believe that they will not be hiring until the new year. QOL is far better then that at the regionals, but you are limited to 4 gateways( EWR,DFW,ONT,FLL). If your a first year FO the best city to live in would be Dallas, because of cost, but I personally am not a big Dallas fan. First year base pay is about 35K add in overtime and per diem adn it comes closer to 40k. I know what some people are going to say, per diem is not pay, but we are fed by the company so you able to save your per diem. Attrition right now is high because of hiring by SW, JB, and corporate companies. You will fly a lot. Typcial schedule is 6on 4off. If your coming from a 135 or a regional, I think that this is a better choice, but if you have a choice between Netjets, Citation Shares, or Flexjet, I think the other two would be better choices, especially with the new TA. Flexjet pilots are some of the best I've ever flown with and it is hard to find a tool. My biggest issue with them currently is the scheduling system that they utilize and the lack of knowledge concerning the FOM by the schedulers. This is a honest assessment and take it at face value. My best advice would be to get an interview and go in with an open mind, weighing your options.

Current mins:

2500TT
500 multi
500 turbine

they are not flexible on the mins because the owners have a contract with Flex saying that both pilot must have these qualification.

Sorry if I haven't gotten back to those that have PM'd me but I haven't logged on in quite some time.

Good luck