Old 05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
AerisArmis,
Probably high, in any case. UPS is a trucking company that bought airplanes. Said trucks are operated by all union drivers.
FedEx is an airline that is now strengthening its trucks. The two companies are the same, just arriving at the same point differently. Now FedEx has to contend with the possibility of a unionized driver force. As an airline pilot, it bears watching because the eventual big force of 24 hour team drivers take away alot of airplane volume. It was painful as we went through the transition (4 days sorts down from 5, etc). As a fellow industry bub, I only wish well for both my Brown team and my Purple friends. We are really complimentary and the competition helps us both thrive in the marketplace.
Again you are confusing Fedex Ground/Freight/Express. They are separate companies with separate sales, sorts, and delivery employees. If this happens Fred will just have to change his business model and let a lot of those separate employees go. Typical lefties, greater good is defined by what boost union employment not overall employment. Whatever it takes to keep those PAC contribution rolling.