View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Wheels up
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Even if AE had been brought into AA (and there's no way AMR would have done that), Arpey would still be beating the drum that our competitors were doing it cheaper, AND scope would still be under attack.

Funny how I always hear AE guys talking about how easy it would have been for the APA to fold AE into mainline, but they're all devoid of specifics of exactly how that was suppose to happen. Get AE contracts up near AA and now AMR would have a reason to at least listen.

That BS about AE and APA getting together was a sham from the git go because of the very wide disparity between the AE contracts and AA contracts. Wasn't going to happen, regardless of what either the APA or AE wanted.

Arpey may get some more 76 seat jets (maybe along the lines of the weak scope of Delta), but he'll have to bankrupt the company first. And BK doesn't mean he can change the contract to anything he wants, as much as you'd like to see AA compensation brought down to your level.

He can buy 22 more RIGHT NOW if he wanted to due to the so called "secret verbal agreement" with the manufacturer, but they haven't have they? I have a feeling that what he really wants is to outsource them to cheaper small jet providers rather than AE. If scope goes south at AA, then it's going far south and AE will be whipsawed silly. Be careful what you wish for.

And as far as jumping off a cliff? I don't expect that. I expect them to salivate at the thought of flying more 76 seat jets on any route they can get for the same crap compensation they have now. And as far as not having any choice in what and where you fly, yeh you do. Your low-compensation contract makes it possible and enabling for AMR to do it.

Practically speaking, AE is no different to the APA than CHQ, TSA, RAH, or any other outsourcer.

Last edited by Wheels up; 05-23-2009 at 05:40 PM.