View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
You are right. Take away the seniority system and captains would be paid less than first officers.
No. Take away the seniority system, and you just might get paid what you're worth. If you think your experience, your flight time, your type ratings are worth minimum wage, I feel sorry for you and you're in the right place - let ALPA take care of you. I value my experience and get paid appropriately FROM THE START... without seniority system or union.

I sure hope that corporate guys are paid well. I remember being told once that the hardest part of the job is learning how to properly set a table while in flight facing the VIP.
I thought you said you flew corporate and you thought regionals were better. I should have clarified - corporate meaning flying something that burns Jet-A and requires a type rating. Different strokes for different folks.

Airline pilots sit around the hotel. Corporate guys spend their day sitting around the FBO eating the free popcorn waiting for the cell phine to ring. It is not an easy job.
Psssst.... we actually pay for popcorn. $4.75 per small bag. Those rat bastards charge more for popcorn than the movie theatres! If Mr. Big Shot is late, I spend my entire paycheck on stale popcorn in just a couple of hours. Keep telling your friends how horrible things are for corporate pilots and how regionals are way better! I'm just dying for that airport ready reserve and hangin' out at crew rooms as they're so much better than FBO's. Also for those Holiday Inn Express and Super 8 motels... you should see some of the ratholes they put us corporate pukes in.

Oh, to be in the regionals and being broke again.... I guess I'll just stick to being a "sky butler."