View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
That's a pretty messed up thing to say, especially since the Midwest guys on the street are powerless with families and kids. Shows how much you know or care to know. Don't worry major and regional pilots will use their imagination to label what RAH will be doing.
No not really. It was a point that if he's powerless to do anything how can he expect something from us? When the opportunity arises for us to get better pay or alter the conditions we will. Till then I see no reason why we should be expected to walk off the job and get fired over this when no action, besides complaining here endlessly, is the only one taken on his part. People have the option to be supportive and help work towards a solution or they can be petty. No amount of name calling or derogatory statements made to another pilot group for their management's decisions is going to help fix anything. With so many insults from him it's hard to find remorse.

I feel for those pilots at Midwest I really do. It's a crying shame what's become of their airline and even more so of what effects it must have on their families and lives. I wish them the best and hope that when hiring resumes they'll be picked up by other major carriers. However as far as 320ToBearz goes with his non-stop insults, name calling, and general immaturity of his posts if he's on the street he can stay there. People keep debating what the meaning of professionalism is and it should include common courtesy to fellow aviators. Having ill feelings for someone can still be expressed in a mature manner. During the past year of debates for the presidency(one of the most heated ever) did you see any of them saying "you suck" to one another? Regardless of whatever circumstances are responsible I'm almost glad that someone of that caliber is not involved in my profession. The average professionalism just bumped up a little. The fact that he's from Midwest plays absolutely no role in my opinion either, "matter of factly" I feel he sours their stellar reputation. He could be a 135 freight guy in a caravan but one way or another if he's out I hope he stays there.

Last edited by ToiletDuck; 06-01-2009 at 10:49 PM.