View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Jetrecruiter
Reserve for Life

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Right Seat for life
Thumbs down Go ahead lower the bar...

Originally Posted by tpersuit View Post
Well now that we know the seat size, here are JetBlue and Republic rates, side by side. Some people have said Republic's captain pay is higher, but I don't see that anywhere, and since JetBlue doesn't have rates after year 12, I don't think it is realistic to count those. We all know how pitiful the FO rates are.

1st Year Jet Blue CA = $88/hr
1st Year RAH CA___ = $64/hr
1st Year Jet Blue FO = $40/hr
1st Year RAH FO___ = $23/hr
1st Year Jet Blue Total Cockpit = $128/hr
1st Year RAH Total Cockpit______ = $87/hr

4th Year Jet Blue CA = $94/hr
4th Year RAH CA___ = $75/hr
4th Year Jet Blue FO = $58/hr
4th Year RAH FO___ = $37/hr **This is the maximum pay for RAH FO's!
4th Year Jet Blue Total Cockpit = $152/hr
4th Year RAH Total Cockpit______ = $112/hr

Let me even go farther for you
12th Year Jet Blue CA = $110/hr
12th Year RAH CA___ = $96/hr
12th Year Jet Blue FO = $70/hr
12th Year RAH FO___ = $37/hr **still only $37/hr!
12th Year Jet Blue Total Cockpit = $180/hr
12th Year RAH Total Cockpit_____ = $133/hr
As much as I would encourage the RAH guys not to accept these kind of pay to fly the 190.. There's got to be more than 10 CA/ 10 FO who have already filled the vacancy bid for MKE. Regional pilots... we have killed our own dream and career's. Now with RAH flying the 190 at such **** a@* rates, Airline managements at UA DL are going to look at that as a way to get their pilots to release scoope up to 99 seats and have regionals do the flying which cements our jobs where we at. The bar has just been LOWERED BY US ACCEPTING THIS FLYING NOT BEDFORD. If you wanted to fly something bigger go to a major.. wait till the flood gates open.. age 65 is creeping for alot of the majors. But if we keep flying bigger airplanes for no money than thats where we will always be..