View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:47 PM
MD80
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by STILL GROUNDED View Post
As far as I know what happened was Jet Blue threatened union, we've got one of those. What we don't have is unity. There are too many people here that 5 years ago when they started they were #400, now they have 1600 below them, work for a company that is in the best position to grow and have a relatively good quality of life for an airline pilot. These folks are not going to jeopardize their livelihood for 5 or 10 grand a year and certainly not for better FO wages. So they are going to vote for a contract that makes sense to them. The 400 above them are flat out lifers, so you can count them out.

You've got the bottom 1000 that are Either young bucks or middle aged. The middle aged want things better but only because they might stay. The youngsters are ready to go to bloody war not knowing which end of the sword is sharp.

Can anyone see the problem here? Unity, 3 certificates that don't communicate, a company that doesn't follow the contract we do have and a management who's answer to everything is "if you don't like it quit" because they know someone will take your seat and they even get to pay them less.

You misread me as being defeatist and apologetic. I am in fact neither, I am however a realist. What world is everyone else living in that a regional airline (who has to abide by the railway labor act) is going to get a pay rate better than a stand alone carrier.

First off the pilots at RAH are neither unified enough to get it or stupid enough to vote it in. The second we would get that negotiated someone be it Mesa/GoJet or you name a company will underbid that flying the minute the ink dries on the pilot contract.

So what have we done, ask the pilots of Comair ,Express jet and Midwest how great they sleep at night knowing they stood their ground for a industry leading contract. They'd sleep a lot better knowing their jobs were secure or they didn't have to take concessions to keep them.

Everytime I log on here I see some fool screaming "Jet Blue or better". I just felt it was time someone spoke with some honesty and reality around here. Flip floppers and flamers keep in mind it wasn't 2 weeks/months ago that everyone said Jet Blue sucked too.

Before you hoot and holler, I am not saying for one minute that this is anyone's problem but ours. The problem is once again, all anyone wants to do about it point fingers and cry foul instead of offering anything substantial to rectify the problem.

Dude, here's the deal.

Republic Teamsters has control over your CEO because he can only fly E190 if Midwest stays alive. Only Republic or Midwest pilots can fly the E190.

The Midwest pilots will not agree to anything less then the JetBlue rates. If you negotiate a lower rate you will become a SCAB guaranteed and

don't even think about applying to another carrier!