View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 02:31 PM
250 or point 65
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Setting up barriers to entry is a start, but that's not the only reason why unions like UAW are so powerful. The biggest reason why UAW workers make double what an regional pilot makes just to place, not even screw, a bolt in a hole is the RLA. When there's little to no threat of a workforce walking off the job, why even negotiate? ALPA needs to put its resources towards that more than any other program it works on.

Also, I don't believe that ALPA has any sort of long term plan. Do they have any idea what an airline pilot should make an hour to fly a specific type? Have they set goals to meet? I believe its just every MEC for themselves.

I think that for a long term solution, it should be ALPA's goal for every one of its airlines contracts to meet a certain standard. Then it's up to the next pilot group negotiating to set the new standard. The best part about this is that if every pilot group is making about the same, mgmt absolutely cannot complain that they can't be competitive at a certain rate. Period.

yea, nay?