View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 04:37 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

[quote=KC10 FATboy;654614]
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post

USMCFLYR, not picking on you, but think of it this way. Since our government is broke, our country is borrowing money -- A LOT of money. And the interest rates are costing us A LOT of money just to borrow the money we don't have. So, essentially your tax incentive will be paid by your kids kids generation. Thank them for your new car because even if we took all of the money from the rich, our government still wouldn't have a positive cash flow.

Additionally, people are thinking that they are getting an incentive to purchase a car. In essence, they are. But in disguise, this is yet another bailout for the automakers and we all remember just how popular those were.
There are numerous tax incentives that are given by the gov't every day. This one happen to fit in with my plans. It worked for me. If that rebate is going to be paid for by my kids - that $1,000 extra dollars I got vice taking my time to try and sell it on the open market - then I hear by deem them free to not pay one month of nursing home care for me in the future

Sorry KC10 - some of the arguments that have been presented on here on way to far out there on the MACRO level to really make a difference in my little corner of the world. They always say that just do a little bit yourself and it will add up. Well...I'm taking that advice. Some supposedly smart people decided that it would be worthwhile to put this program in place. It benefited me. I took advantage of it. If the program is still in effect come the time to purchase my next car then I will be taking advantage of it again if it fits into my plan.

I don't fill picked on with these discussions. Some of the points are good. others are too far out to prove one way or the other like I said in a previous post. I also posted a few other uses of tax payers money that I would be MUCH more worried about than CARS; if someone was truly pre-disposed to worrying about such things.

USMCFLYR