View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by cgtpilot View Post
Minus the backpack of course! Nothing ****es me off more than watching some alleged "professional airline pilot" wearing that big backpack through the terminal. And we wonder why the public and management doesn't take us seriously!
You do know pilots said that about bags with wheels on them at one time as well? No hats required where I work (FX) and plenty of backpacks on professional airline pilots as well. Of course, I always love walking down the terminal at Brand X's hub and getting the 'looks' from others because with no hat and a backpack they assume I'm some dirty regional pilots with no respect for the game(probably true!) Btw, management doesn't take us any more or less seriously than they did at places where the hat was required

P.s. I am in the if the company requires the hat, wear the hat camp. I always did when that was the law of the land, it didn't bother me, and I always wondered why so many pilots decided to make this their big personal line in the sand, yet would let themselves get run over on every other contractual item or supporting their union but that's another story I suppose.