Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
ryan1234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF

Originally Posted by IC ALL View Post
I think you get what you pay for. You see some Apache's real cheap. I looked for a nice one that had been well taken care of and loved. Not the cheapest one you could find. The resale value of light twins has plummeted. I'd guess mine is worth 75% of what I paid for it, on a good day. A Seminole or a Dutchess will cost a lot more because they are more "standard" as a trainer and just flat out a lot newer. My Apache is a 58 but has 6700 hours. I bet some of these 80's vintage Seminoles have more time than that on them. Anyhow, you can get a NICE twin Comanche for the price of a clapped out Seminole. A planes background and usage history is a lot more important than it's biological age. Kinda like people.....
Some Seminoles can be close to their wing life limit (like 14k I think). The Apache/Aztec family is nice... sometimes mx is a real pain (some parts were probably not meant to come out - ever)... we just changed a prop cable on an aztec (because it was stuck solid in the shield) - one of the most frustrating things I've ever done before.