View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 PM
paraglidingbum
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I'm a captain for Seaport up here in PDX and I will be moving to MEM here in a month or so. It's gonna be a long drive out there....

As for the interview, if you don't have any 135 experience, they don't expect you to have knowledge of the regs. I would highly recommend looking them over though. Expect to be asked questions about the current rules you operate under and your aircraft. You will be able to learn 135 regs and Seaport specific stuff in ground school, they are just trying to see that you know your airplane and get an overall picture of you as a person. You will get the standard scenario based questions like having a nav light out on christmas eve blah blah blah. They want to see you make a decision and back it up. I was able to sit in on a few of the interviews for the last class and they did ask a few questions that caught some people off guard, such as "Who is the one person that you admire the most?"

I'm not sure how much this post helps, but feel free to ask me more specific questions. Be confident, honest and be yourself. Good luck guys/gals!