Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Job interview with Seaport Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default Job interview with Seaport Airlines

Hey there my name is William and I'm from Memphis, TN. I have a job interview for Seaport Airlines this coming monday 8/21/2009. This company is a Scheduled part 135 flying Pilatus PC-12. This is my 1st real interview outside of flight instructing and I was wondering what to expect. The only thing the guy told me was to brush up on my regulations and my system. My only clue was he was talking about Part 91 and the systems of the planes I'm currently flying. Does anything think they are going to want me to whip out a PC-12 AFM or answer tough 135 reg questions? Let me know thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Thrill Seat

Originally Posted by Jowersman View Post
Hey there my name is William and I'm from Memphis, TN. I have a job interview for Seaport Airlines this coming monday 8/21/2009. This company is a Scheduled part 135 flying Pilatus PC-12. This is my 1st real interview outside of flight instructing and I was wondering what to expect. The only thing the guy told me was to brush up on my regulations and my system. My only clue was he was talking about Part 91 and the systems of the planes I'm currently flying. Does anything think they are going to want me to whip out a PC-12 AFM or answer tough 135 reg questions? Let me know thanks!
I'm not sure since I don't work for seaport but based off of previous interview with eagle and a few other regionals know the regs under which the company fly as well as the ones you fly under. Your flight instructing so they will expect most of your knowledge to be part 91 however know at least the duty times under 135. Sorry I'm not much help but if you need 135 questions answered I'll try my best to help however ask OZPILOT he works for seaport for more indept answers. Good luck my friend.

FL450
Old 08-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

I don't know - - but I hope you mistyped the date or else you missed your interview!
I hope that you'll come back after the interview and share what you learned.

USMCFLYR
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Line Holder

Oh yea its 8/31/2009 sorry and thanks! I've been looking up at the 135 stuff a little and I, for the 1st time, noticed that for IFR 135 pax carrying... you have to have an SIC on board (FAR 135.101). B/c I realize the PC-12 is single pilot certified and you don't even have to get typed, just simcom or flightsafety. I'm getting nervous about it, but I know I should. I'm really good at interviewing becuase I'm honest and know my stuff; this is just the first real airline interview! They said I will be in a PC-12 sim for the eval flight, so I hope it's not too tough to fly.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Thrill Seat

Oh yea its 8/31/2009 sorry and thanks! I've been looking up at the 135 stuff a little and I, for the 1st time, noticed that for IFR 135 pax carrying... you have to have an SIC on board (FAR 135.101). B/c I realize the PC-12 is single pilot certified and you don't even have to get typed, just simcom or flightsafety. I'm getting nervous about it, but I know I should. I'm really good at interviewing becuase I'm honest and know my stuff; this is just the first real airline interview! They said I will be in a PC-12 sim for the eval flight, so I hope it's not too tough to fly.
You'll be fine just it takes 60 minutes to fly an hour no matter what size the aircraft! Your motivated you'll probably outshine the rest of your colleages just relax and have fun!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Yeah - I know what you mean. I hate the thought of doing a flight check in an aircraft that I have never even sat in! The PC-12 is a pretty neat aircraft though I'll bet. Looks good in any case.

USMCFLYR
Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Did you read through the SeaPort thread already? Lots of info and there is a post about what to expect for the interview.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Line Holder

Yea I'm just crazy about aviation and I just want to get out of flight instructing so bad. It gets old having a wierd, messed up schedule all the time. I'm ready for a set schedule and flying a lot! And I have excellent instrument and communication skills so I know that'll be a plus. My ultimate goal in life is to fly an A340-600 doing overseas operations. I will even move far away for that chance
Old 08-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Yea I'm just crazy about aviation and I just want to get out of flight instructing so bad. It gets old having a wierd, messed up schedule all the time. I'm ready for a set schedule and flying a lot! And I have excellent instrument and communication skills so I know that'll be a plus. My ultimate goal in life is to fly an A340-600 doing overseas operations. I will even move far away for that chance
Congratulations on your first airline interview. Good luck. Just try not to be weird, be middle of the road, yourself, and you'll get it for sure.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Line Holder

How will this look when I want to move to an airline that will glace at my multi time? B/c I know I'm only getting single engine turbine. I know the fact that it's Part 135 and turbine will be great... but I'm curious how the multi part will play in the future.