View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:58 AM
ufgatorpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by bryris View Post
Misery is more a function of your personal outlook on life than what you do for a living.

I've done the professional office (accountant) thing and I've done the airline thing. I likely have a more rounded viewpoint on the two jobs and how they relate and differ than you do.
I actually have a very positive outlook on life. My life is great, and I feel very blessed. If you saw me at work, you'd be surprised to know that I actually don't like my job because I am a very cheerful, positive, and pleasant person. But you will always find happy lawyers (few and far between), unhappy lawyers, happy pilots, unhappy pilots, happy accountants, unhappy accountants, etc. I think the key is finding what is the best fit for you. I am searching for a job that I think would be a better fit for me. As I said earlier in this thread, my mother and sister are perhaps the only two people who I do not hear complain about their jobs, and they work for airlines. And, sure, I have never worked as a pilot in the airline industry myself, but I think I have a pretty good idea of it based on the experiences of my family members.