Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Timekiller
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by Chris99 View Post
OK, I finally figured out what was going on. Lesson learned: keep on top of the MTF if you want this done right--you have to spell it out for them. After I gave the AF the standard month and a half to process my medical, I started calling in and e-mailing recall ops to see what the hold up was. I finally got someone to check up on this after more than two weeks of calling/e-mailing had gone by. The clinic that did my physical (8 July) never sent it to Randolph. It turns out they had a couple simple questions they needed to ask me to complete the process (which took two minutes) but they never gave me a call to ask me those questions. They also were missing the lab results for two of the many tests required for the physical. It turns out Public Health forgot to order those. Now I have to wait 7-10 days for the lab results to come back, who knows how long for the final product to go to Randolph, and then up to thirty days for Randolph to look at it. I don't think I'll be making the 19 Oct AOC course. Don't assume anything in this process. You have to spell out every step to people who don't seem to know how to read or do their job, and then you have to keep calling and e-mailing and hoping you get someone who might have the interest/know-how to answer your question. Typical AF. Someone please remind me why I just volunteered myself for three more years of this runaround nonsense...
I took my physical two months ago today. I called the flight surgeons office two weeks ago and the person handling my case had deployed but the airman said everything was moving along just fine. After reading your story I decided to call MSgt Jacks. She looked in PEPP and told me my physical was sent back August 19th to the flight doc. I called the doc and somehow my paperwork is still sitting there waiting for them to submit a waiver. Ooops. They will get right on it next Monday.