Thread: USAF voluntary officer recall (including retirees)

Rimfire , 09-25-2009 09:44 AM
Line Holder
Rimfire
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2009
It ain't over 'til its over.
Heads up: Be aware that you need to constantly check with your finance folks upon your return to AD. I got my leave and earnings statement yesterday and my housing allowance was virtually nil. Turns out that someone in finance had me listed as being billeted on base! The only justification I could think of was I obtained a P.O. Box on base as I anticipated a lot of TDY, but that's just a guess. Oh, and they had lost my folder of paperwork I filled out for them when I arrived six weeks ago, but I lucked out and the airman had not deployed yet, so they found it.

Break, break: I asked about my aeronautical orders from the folks at Langley that forwarded the paperwork on 21 July to the air staff and AFPC and was informed that it could be because the air staff may not have received EAD orders. (I have a non-flying assignment.) I immediately scanned the requested orders and she should be forwarding them to the air staff. Until then I am not getting any flight pay: it's not even a listed sub-category entitlement on the leave and earnings statement. Patience is a virtue!