View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 05:59 PM
hockeypilot44
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Wasatch Phantom View Post
Sailing,

I'm in complete agreement with you.

I think you're a bit senior to me, but I remember when I was a new hire and I'd meet someone for the first time. In conversation it would come up that I was a Delta pilot, almost without exception they would say: "Good airline".

Now, in the same situation, they tell me their last "customer service horror story" with Delta.

The thing is, we could be soooo much better. I think it was for seventeen straight years we lead the industry in fewest complaints. When an "aw-****" happens, most people don't really ask for the moon, but they would like an acknowledgement that they had a less than optimal experience, that we as a company are sorry for that, and we'd like in some way to make amends. Bringing back the Red Coats is a big step in the right direction (IMHO).

(Sorry for my rant).
I get the same thing. After usually *****ing about how bad Delta is, they will then tell you how great Southwest is. Recently, I told someone I was a pilot for Delta and his response was, "Everytime I go on Delta, it's on a really small aircraft. I try to fly on Southwest when I can, but I'll go on Delta if it's a non-stop flight." I find this unacceptable that our customers are starting to associate Delta with regional jets. I find this unacceptable. Unfortunately for us, management's plan to fix this is to replace smaller regional jets with bigger jets still flown by Delta Connection carriers. We're screwed.