Old 10-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Parks31, it's actually you who amazes me, what with your impression that everyone must be in lock step, on each and every issue, for there to be "unity." In real life it can't work that way. Everyone brings their own agenda to the table, as can be seen in any organization with a head count of more than 1. As well, your complaints or observations have, for the most part, been hashed over numerous times here. I especially like your complaint: "How about the senior widebody FO's that could have had captain 10 years ago but decided not to take it at 100%. Now during the excess bids they bid captain and knock a 4 year captain back to FO." That's called working within the seniority system. Perhaps those senior first officers should have bid the captains seats a number of years ago, and therefore deprive those "4 year captains" from upgrading to begin with. I guess you would have liked that better.

Whether you realize it or not, you guys are all in it together. That doesn't mean that everyone should cast their vote exactly the same as everyone else, but what it does mean is that you all need to come to a compromise as to what's acceptable (in the next contract) or what's not. And frankly, posts like yours don't help the atmosphere.

JJ