Thread: Climate Science
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:50 AM
asims33
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Baron B-55 Left Seat

Global warming seems to trend itself with the activity of our solar system, namely the sun. Every 20-30 years history has shown us that the earth hits a warming trend, this is caused by the earths position relative to the sun and the amount of solar activity from the sun itself. This obviously is neither controllable or easily explainable other than saying that our orbital path will cross a "close point" to the sun every so many decades. We "did" hit it but obviously we are out of it now.

In light of the hurricane statement, you are right on the money, i had that same argument. Hurricanes feed off of warm water, yet since our sea temperatures have risen oh so much, we have seen less and less hurricanes... Could it be that our last terrible season of hurricanes was back in 2004-2005?

Or we can simply argue the fact that Mr.Gore would like us to argue, the "greenhouse effect" his argument is that we humans have put out so much C02 its acting as an insulator to the earth trapping heat. What he cant explain is that according to a study done at Oxford showed that MT. Vesuvius (volcano in Europe) releases up to 10x more C02 in one eruption than all of mankind combined.

This does not mean we should continue to pollute the earth. I don't believe in global warming in the sense that it wont reverse its self and that we are the cause. I do believe in earth warming trends though. And while i hate that the fat cats in Washington including gore are making money off of this global warming stuff, we should all work to reduce our dependency on natural resources namely foreign oils.