View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
magnum_man
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I have noticed that the longer a CFI instructs, the more picky he is about what airlines they would apply to. I still fairly new to instructing, but I am wondering if anyone has any input on instructing for another year and building hours vs. trying to get an airline job sooner than later. I am not talking about GoJets or Mesa, but perhaps Big Sky or another airline that will hire at 500-600 hours TT (I currently only have 40 Multi, bummer) that would be okay to work at for a few years or so. It seems like flying a turboprop would be better time spent than instructing out of a 152, and that could get the PIC turbine faster as well. I guess that I am not seeing why someone would opt to instruct for a long time instead of going to a regional. Perhaps to get on to a "better" airline like ExpressJet or SkyWest instead of BigSky?
All regionals are the same.....take the one that hires you unless you get multiple offers....most of Gojet pilots have over three thousand hours...they need guys they can upgrade in six months.