View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 09:47 PM
favila008
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Talking

Originally Posted by dojetdriver View Post
If i'm not mistaken, dep tax is 40$ EACH time you come out of Mex into the US. Figure on 4 times a month on average for a typical commuter.

You can JS in the cabin ONLY, you still have to pay the 40 bucks. If it fills up in back, the JS is STILL not an option on Int'l flights, you cannot sit there. Thank the TSA for that one.

When a crew comes in, they get off the airplane and go to the hotel, the layover crew picks it up and takes it back to IAH.
Thanks for your info dojetdriver, dep tax in a month will probably be $160, an appartment in the U.S probably runs at about a thousand (i live in LA,CA) dollars, I figure that in Mexico a really, really good apartment will run at about $600 dollars if not less, it still cuts even at $760, I get to pocket $240
in a year its almost a 3G's. Beside Mexico is not that bad when you have pocket money. I probably sucks when your broke. Thanks for your held dojetdriver you really opened my eyes to that dep tax. I just dont want to be broke in the states. 1000 on rent, 200 on food, doesnt even leave room for a car, and that not taking into account the 20G debt i'll probably aquire. Anyways the dream is still alive, I'm just considering my options here. Thanks.