View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by Deez340 View Post
To which I respond: "Not after I declare an emergency."
The respondant could simply give the examiner the correct answer for his airline. Divert & Online airport approvals are listed in the Operations Specifications and usually filed in the Flight Operations Manual and / or the Ops Specs at the front of the Jepps.

But the easy answer is, "yes."

Most 121 APD's follow the script for the Type Ride program. They are not going to reinvent the wheel for the odd original issuance ATP and most aren't going to reach for something off the script that could be considered "controversial." It is pretty tough for them to justify testing something that isn't in any of your airline's manuals (although they could, it would likely only be a debrief, not a bust).

In my case they spent a little more time on flight planning and performance - made me prove that at our weight (with a tail wind thrown in for a gotcha) that we could accelerate stop, accelerate go, make 1st and 2cnd segment climb, make it to the airway, enroute drift down, land & go missed while respecting tire and brake energy limits. The questions were very common for what you typically review with a runway analysis anyway.

ATP with the Type is no big deal. Congratulations on your fourth stripe and saving some bucks by getting the airline to pay for it.