Thread: Crew rules
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 PM
757upspilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by xfzz View Post
I shouldn't say "violations". I meant "exceptions", as you pointed out. What I was trying to do is to have a mathematical model that can produce a crew schedule, that is as close to real-world-feasibility as possible. Because the real world rules are complicated, and the model can't handle them all together. One way to do it is to use some rules in the model, and then manually modify the produced schedule to make sure other rules. The subject is the fractional program (only fractional, no charter). So I try to understand all rules first, and then put a set of rules into the model such that, the model will produce a schedule that requires the minimum manual adjustment afterwards. It's not like to try not to follow the rules or break the law or anything like that. I should say this in my first post, but just too lazy to type all that. In any case, all your feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
Not in the fractional business but. You need to read carefully when reading regs, Scheduled is different than Actual in the way the rules are applied. If the carrier Schedules a flight within the regs but it routinely Actually exceeds the shedule the carrier may be restricted from using the scheduled times for that flight, this may vary by POI, most often you will find that the flight must meet Schedule times just 50% of the flights.
Good luck