View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
SabreDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: The Right One

Originally Posted by EMKFlyer View Post

Sabre. You nailed it. That is the exact math I have been running. For staying an additional 5 years the retirment pay jumps by $1650 per month at todays dollar. However, money is not everything. It is difficult to put a price on moving the family 3 times in the next 5 years, deployments to Iraq and Afghan, etc.

I do enjoy what I do now, ADO and line IP/EP. However, I guess I am looking for some insight on the recency of experience issue. Will my 5500 hours of C-17, B-757, Helo, and ATP be enough to get a civilian employer to pick me up after not flying for 4 years? I guess that is the million dollar question. Literally!!

Again, thanks so much. Please keep the insight flowing.
Oh, so true. There are a lot of things that money cannot buy, but some can be rented... Planes in particular

I think every employer I would consider working for had/has a recency requirement in their app process But, just like investing, past performance does not garn-tee future results. You would be amazed at how marketable your current skill set is, now or later, but with zero flight time in 4 years, there will be some awkward(sp) moments in the interview process. Every employer will understand completely what you were doing, they will just want to see some recent flight time (even in a 150), current medical etc.

Call Albief15 and talk to him about your situation. Emerald Coast Interview Consulting

He is the best, tell him the Navy guys in Pensacola sent you, then duck

Fly Safe
SD