View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
gbntpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: FDX B757 FO

Originally Posted by bored View Post
As for XJ mgmt... it's pretty obvious why they haven't come out and committed to a furlough schedule. beyond Jan 2010. As JR said in his memo, block hours flown dictate staffing (which is exactly why CP is hiring.) Even with saabs going away 2/month, our 200 and 900 flying hours could get increased a lot. Until XJ knows the flying given to us by DL, it's impossible for XJ to have firm staffing numbers. They're not afraid of a mass exodus... because they know very well there is NOWHERE to go.
I actually got some info on that a few days ago. I was in recurrent ground and Spanjers came in. Our Saab return schedule is two per month through May, then the fleet will stay the same for the summer flying. In fall the lease returns will continue. When I asked him about the furlough schedule, he said it should basically follow the same timeline. Of course, nothing is set in stone. We should see furloughs through May 1st, stop for the summer, and continue around September to take us down into the mid-800 range by December 1, 2010.