View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Agentessa
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: RJ FO
Default New Private - question on logging PIC

As a new Private pilot, I've been trying to figure out the regulations on logging time, and it's a bit confusing. I've done some research and went though FARs, but just wanted to clarify some things for a peace of mind.. So,

1. When flying on an IFR flight plan with a CFII in VFR conditions - do I log PIC, or do act as PIC? ? Do I log dual received as well?
2. When I'm under the hood - do I log PIC time?
3.When flying actual IMC - can I log PIC if I'm not yet instrument rated? (I assume I can't but just to make sure)

4. Difference between acting PIC and logging PIC is not quite clear to me. Who has the final responsibility for the safety of the flight? If it happens that we bust Class B or something like that, who gets in trouble - me or CFI?

5. Then, when it comes to sim.time - I know there is only a certain amount you can log. BUT does it count toward total time? Can you log sim time as PIC time?

6. and finally, is there a better way to correct errors in logbook other than crossing out or white out? I used to get Liquid paper in green color but apparently it's been discontinued..

I'd appreciate any feedback on this.