View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 03:36 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default I remember

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
So not only do you tell people not to waste their time in this industry because its a dead end, but now you're trying to justify pay for training so people can advance their careers?

With the new mandatory hiring standards that are quickly approaching, I'm willing to bet that the pay for training wont be returning to the airlines. In fact i think that the airlines will have to PAY more to get people to come work there once the new rules take affect.

Time will tell
I remember in the 1990's flight academy's had 1500 hour ATP packages. New pilots paid 100K or so to buy the flight time to go from zero to ATP. There will be ways to get around the new standards if they come to pass.

In addition airlines will sell jobs as well. It all will come back. Pay for your job will be a big hit.

The following is a public service message:

In case you did not know this industry is a dead end. If our ratings were worth anything at all theses programs would not exist.

The best plan is to save your money buy a house and forget about this flying nonsense altogether. That is all.

Skyhigh (because I am high on the sky )