View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 PM
73sw
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2009
Position: 73 capt
Default Ping: SWA pilots May I ask a question?

To add another perspective, I am relatively senior at SWA. The cancellation policy that we have is for all assigned flying once it is on your board. So if you pick up a trip and it is canceled or double covered or whatever you get the pay once they put the trip on your board.
Right now it is a little tough to pick up trips but our extra trips are available to the line pilots first and then if no one wants it for straight time or no one is legal for the trip, it goes to the reserve system. The JA system is being changed because no one was answering there phones. If we get JA online it now will pay double. The system in my opinion works very well. I have always flown above my line and have average 120+ trips per month for the last 15 years. There is definitely a greed factor to it. Some guys fly 160+ and some just fly there line or even less. How it would work at AA I don't know. I have seen that they are trying to make you guys more efficient. But with our system we run lean on reserve so we employ less pilots overall ie more furloughs would occur over there.