View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 07:54 AM
ChrisH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by SkyHigh
I don't think companies would have any trouble at all filling classes with those pay scales. Back in 2000 during the peak of the hiring boom National Airlines had no problem finding experienced 757 pilots to fly as captain for 55K per year. During every basic indoctrination class the founder would come in on the first day and give a speech on how we would never earn more than 100K as long as we worked there and still pilots were lined up around the block. After the new hires are clear of training they might gripe a little but there are thousands more out there to take their place.

SkyHigh
I see what you are saying, and I am sure even in the long-run there will still be people trying to get those jobs. You don't think, however, that in the long-run, as time continues to pass, that less and less people will be trying for those jobs? Especially when word gets out, and people realize that it truly is not worth it.

I think, again, it all depends on whether you are stating those salaries as base salaries or topped off. If a B777 captain will look to only make $65K topped off, that is ridiculous. If, however, the starting salary for that B777 captain is $65K, although that is ridiculous, considering what they make now, it is better than topping off at that rate, and I'm sure there will still be people lined up for the job.

As far as the regional pay you mentioned, that is about what is it now, as far as base salary goes. FO; ~$25K, CA; ~$45K.