Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 PM
FerrisBluer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Bob's Big Boy Front Office Staffer

Originally Posted by TheBills View Post
He is talking about military training vs. 300 hour airline pilot training programs, which train you like the airline would, like Mesa Pilot Development does. I will say this too, Of the people that graduated MAPD and went to ground school at Mesa, more people failed out of the sim and ground school that were flight instructors than MAPD grads (300 hour wonders), that is fact.

I think training programs like MAPD are good programs, and are not bad for the industry. They just need to maintain there ability to be strict on applicants and not just let anybody in, which there was a time where they didn't. The problem is with schools like ATP, where in 6 months you get all your ratings, we all know that you cant comprehend what your learning for all your ratings in 6 months. MAPD was a 2 year program, and you ate, drank, slept aviation, and you had to know your crap. Not only that you weren't just given the job, your performance in the program reflected on your interview.

or they had to have an aweful lot of money to blow. Not to mention there were pluses to the program but negatives as well. I flew with a lot of poor pilots from there as well. ie. guys who knew nothing about green needles.. and several who knew nothing in general. They learned real quick...Honestly a good concept though and realistically not a bad route to take. i'd say ornstein ran it all into the dirt..