Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 PM
nwa757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Wannabe View Post
Oscar Meyer Bologna! And as for Pinnacle you are missing the point again. We are probably arguing our points in similar fashion, but with opposite vectors. Pinnacle as you mentioned is a prime example that hours don't make the pilot. Professionalism and risk management are great tools for any pilot. And the younger generation are getting more than the older generation. And yes IFR in the southwest is very rare for new pilots and as for accident rates why would you bring up the most dangerous part of flying.... Single pilot IFR kills even the most experienced of pilots. It is the highest accident rate for pilots of all skills period. I for one have enough experience that I wouldn't be afraid to fly single pilot IFR, but my minimums are much higher because of the single pilot enviornment. It is too easy to get over loaded on go arounds and that is the begining of the end of even the best of pilots. So I prefer not to fly Single Pilot IFR if at all possible. And honestly, in 121 carrier training how many times do you fly the sim down to mins and then go missed... Yea it is scary to do it for the first time in a jet with 50-80 people behind you. But if trained appropreiately, it is a none event! I have personally never had to go missed, but flying an ILS to mins is my favorite approach. Nothing compares! Almost nothing
ps who are you? you seem to think its ok to be such a newbie that the passengers are a non-factor, as long as you have the job....

nothing replaces experience, especially people like you