View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 11:49 AM
schone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

the main question that needs to be asked for all these 'gain respect'/'help your fellow men' threads is very simple. If you (forinstance in this case SkyPatrol) would have read this kind of a message on a pilots board, before day 1 of flight training,

would YOU have called and cancelled and give up your dream, or put it on hold because somebody else asked you to help the national effort of slowing demand and making us more valuable? I DONT THINK SO.

It's very easy for us to sit back in a jet chair, and ***** about it (even though the *****ing is rightful and correct at times) and then go preach to younger fellows what they should and shouldn't do. But the truth of the matter is that when you take somebody who's just started working on thier private in an effort to become an airline pilot, or when you take any CFI at any flight school across the nation, and tell them things like, jets, 40-90pax, 8729lbs of thrust, mach 0.78 cruise etc etc their eyes spark and shine, add to that a couple years of instructing living like a homeless with a professional job, and ofcourse they'll take the security of an airline,along with the dream come true for $19/hr.

Am I offering a better solution? no. I am marely pointing tha thold your horses with big old noble statements preached to the younger generation.

Alot of crimes in history (with no regards to aviation) were commited on the basis of the 'older' == present generation is doing it so it's okay and it'll be upto to younger generation to make it a better world.

Change starts from within. You think not taking a regional job for $19 hr because you are worth more is a good idea, go quit your job. Maybe if all of us quit at once, railway labor act will no longer be a problem for us and striking will happen automatically.

But sine none of us is going to quit our jobs anytime soon, the likelyness of things changing is none.

Don't preach. Just remember how you were when you started out.... maybe better time will come.