View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 07:26 AM
BeaglePilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: DC9 Flap Operator

I see its still business as usual at Colgan Air. Intimidating pilots into taking a flight when its unsafe. I personally know many CA's there who are afraid to stand up and make a PIC decision because they fear for their job. There is so much fear and intimidation from management that the employees have "Stockholm syndrome" believe me when I tell you.

The current EWR Asst. Chief Pilot had an evac due to smoke in the cabin because he left the APU bleeds on during de-icing. A passenger broke several bones in the process, and guess what no discpline..... They promoted him! CA's getting suspended because a deadheading pilot complained their was a hard landing. The rediciclous stories go on and on.....

And yet ALPA gets all your dues and continues to sit on the sidelines because their official answer for everything is " We currently do not have a grievance policy, and until then we can not represent any crew members." ALPA has attempted to get a grievance policy on paper, but the company has told the pilot's union to go pound sand.

I wish all my friends well at Colgan Air its only going to get worse.