View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 AM
lavMan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: CA

Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
No, I'm not excited! Lakes might be a crappy place to work, but it is a job that is out there and available.

Like I mentioned in another thread, it doesn't matter which airline is hiring right now, weather Lakes, Compass, Eagle, every damn thread is the same thing on APC. People *****ing about the pay, upgrade time, the equipment they fly, whatever. People need to do their own research and make their own decisions.

And I'm getting pretty sick and tired of employed pilots complaining that UNemployed pilots are trying to get jobs. Some money is better than Zero. We know that Lakes is a crappy job, but it might be the only option for some people that are struggling. It is a PAID job that happens to suck. There are ex-UAL, Frontier, etc. guys flying at Lakes. I dare you to walk up to any of those guys and tell them "You shouldn't have applied at Lakes, because you are lowering the bar".

Apply, don't apply. It is your decision! Pay in this industry will never be what it once was, we are already too deep in this sh!t. There are thousands of pilots who will always do your job for less.

Amen brother, amen.