View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Spoilers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Originally Posted by joemhama View Post
FWIW Ive been on furlough since May 09. This wasnt an attack on you Spoilers, I guess im sick of seeing unjust pay scales accepted as the norm in this industry. I want change and I believe pilots can play a pivotal role in said change.

Cheers
I've been out of a job for OVER a year now. No, I did not apply at Lakes, because I do make more on Unemployment and I can get by on that right now paying my bills and putting food in my mouth, but some people might be struggling or do not receive unemployment for whatever reason. Lakes is a crappy place, but it's a paying job.

You said you are sick of seeing unjust pay scales accepted as the norm in this industry. But I see a you applied at Colgan. Do you believe Colgan is that much better than Lakes? Flying around a 70 some seat Turboprop for $19k/year? So, why did you apply? Probably because you need a job, or live close to one of their bases, keep flying because that is all you know how to do, or it might pay slightly more than unemployment. Whatever the reason might be. I'm sure the people applying to Lakes, or the furloughed United or Frontier guys flying there have their own reasons.

Again, everyone has to do and SHOULD do their own research and only they can make the decision.

And I am willing to bet, as soon as Colgan or whatever the next airline might be to start actively interviewing and hiring, you will be see the same BS posted on here. People telling people not to apply there, because of the low pay, because of the QOL, because of the equipment they fly, etc.