View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Plantation Air
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by Airman View Post
Chill out flyinaway411, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I understand that you value your job as a pilot very highly and that paying someone to gain experience is a no-no according to your beliefs.

I am not paying to work for them, I am paying them to log the occasional PIC time. They also have PIC time for Twin Otters. Take the time to read what their programs offer. I know this is not the way most people would go about aquiring experience, and neither am I. I was merely curious to see if anyone had any experience with these folks.
Air,

I signed on for a similar program. After researching it, and listening to the advice of experienced individuals on this site, I cut bait. I see Fly's point now. Why the hell would any company ever compensate you fairly if there are individuals willing to pay for the same position. That sort of thing is exactly why RJ FO's are making 16k a year. Fly your e-mail was quite relevant and very enlightening. That said, Air, in no way am I chastising you for considering this program, I lost a large deposit after signing up for essentially the same thing. Just damn glad I didn't lose the total program cost. Best of luck and, even if you have the money to do something like this, I think it will be detrimental in the long run because inevitably it will affect, in some way, how you are compensated down the road. I now realize why folks here are so adamant about the operation of these programs.