View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Emb170man
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B-73N FO

1 RAH Pilot's opinion:

I don't believe a staple is fair/good for anyone...no matter who is on top or who is on bottom. All parties are bringing something to the table, some are bringing more than other and I think that that fact should be remembered when it is all over. I wholeheartedly expect to have F9/YX/Lynx guys ahead of me and F9/YX/Lynx guys behind me. What I cannot accept is the idea that I should be stapled to the bottom as a lot of YX'ers seem to think. I came to work at a viable airline with a good business model that made money every quarter in recent memory (prior to the acquisitons). RAH is not my first airline, but I came here because I saw stability. Now a lot of guys think that because I chose to work for RAH I should be the first one to be furloughed if things start to turn south. On that I call bull. I am a senior FO who gets the days off he wants. At the moment I am about 1250 out of 2200 (57%) at RAH...I would find it reasonable to expect that when it is all said and done I am somewhere around 50-65% on the new list.

But then again, this is just one RAH pilots opinion...and we all know what that counts for...something between dittatly and squat.