View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Aloha
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

CHQ Pilot;748249]I didn't get the tone of a staple, but one that RAH pilots have expressed, which is something along the lines of entitlement because they are the acquiring party. When SWA offered a staple for seniority, pay protection, base and seat protection for the period of the Airbus drawdown, and longevity credit, SWAPA was told they were crazy and negotiations ceased. RAH pilots had statements that Frontier pilots deserved better and would be backed by the RAH pilots to preserve what they had earned. Since the deal has gone through, the RAH pilots have slowly changed their tune to one that they feel they deserve a "slice of the pie" since they bought a BK airline.

I can't help feeling bad for the F9 guys - especially the junior ones. I think the lack of vision or greed of the very senior FAPA negotiation members led FAPA to make one of the biggest blunders ever for their membership. I think FAPA's mistake of the SWA offer will be the end of their great name, culture, and their mainline salaries. In my humble opinion (albeit possibly incorrect), the F9 guys should genuinely be concerned, because they are about to become RJ guys - with RJ work rules, salaries, and culture.

I have heard the arguments from some that if F9 had gone with SWA there might have been furloughs, and that FAPA was concerned about F9 rampers, gate agents, and maintenance as well – that is why they drew such a line in the sand. I have a feeling RAH won't care a bit about F9 rampers, gate agents, and maintenance personnel - in fact didn't 250 F9 maintenance positions already get liquidated by BB? I think they were moved to MKE? As for possible furloughs, if F9 had gone with SWA I agree that might have been a very realistic concern. Although I am not totally convinced that after this (6 way?) SLI that there won't be furloughs as well. Only time will tell. No flames intended to all the brothers who are going through this mess.
-Aloha

Last edited by Aloha; 01-21-2010 at 08:48 AM.