View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
fireman0174
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Retired 121 pilot

Originally Posted by AA767AV8TOR View Post
To All,

It’s a waste of time trying to convince these greedy pilots of what they are really doing – stealing money and seniority numbers from the junior pilots. Their reasoning is irrational. They are not changing a contract. They are trying to alter a Federal law. One that has been in place for over 40 years and which we were all hired under. We all based our career decisions on retiring at age 60 – all of us.

Write your reps in Congress and let the FAA know your desires. I’m down in Texas and Kay Bailey Hutchison is moving her position from a definite yes to one of a definite maybe. The tide is switching due to your involvement and letters. The older greedy pilots have been very vocal on this – let’s beat them at their own game.

Let the FAA know that if this POS does pass, then all pilots over the age of 60 must go to the end of the seniority list. It’s the fairest and safest way.

Ask yourself how safe a 64 ½ year old pilot would be flying 6 legs in one day with the last one down to mins, on a short wet runway, with 30 knots of crosswind. Would you trust your family on this flight? Where is the data suggesting this is safe? I give you a hint – there is none. They also don’t own their seats or seniority numbers. If the age changes, our contracts will have to be renegotiated. Don’t let their greed overcome safety and hurt your career.

It’s your seniority number and your careers they are trying to alter. Don’t let them do it!

AA767AV8TOR
Greedy pilots. Yep, except that it certainly describes you!

Yes, the age was 60 when I hired, but then so was a viable pension.

Consider that even the US Constitution has gone through a few changes since its inception.

For the record I left at age 58-1/2 with a valid first class medical and no reason to leave except I was tired after so many years. So spare me of your sanctimonious B.S. Guys like you sure make me glad I went early.

I remember walking a picket line over a B-scale with senior guys who stood to gain nothing and indeed a few who actually retired on strike carrying a "No B-Scale" sign. But they wanted to do the right thing for the profession and for those not yet even on the property.

I hold THOSE men in the highest regard for they were true professionals.

Oh, and by the way I will write congress about the age 60 rule - to up it to 65. I haven't yet, as I was uncertain whether I should or not, but you helped to convince me. 'Appreciate that!

Last edited by fireman0174; 10-30-2006 at 03:28 PM.