Thread: Crewbus Rumors
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Gunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Wildmanny View Post

12) We had only 5 service failures over Christmas due to no crews, and they were only on the 727.
13) Draft was not relied on heavily and continues not to be relied on to fill trips, especially during Peak.
11) We do not have a manning problem.

15) The company wants badly to come out of 4a2b.

10) Lots of talk about integrity and how 5 guys got fired last year for doing stupid things that were unethical.

Uhhh...

Only 5 service failures in the 727 for no crews? Draft calls for CA and FO draft were extensive. LCAs, flexes flying as FO. Same for the MD11 except they didn't have any failures. FOs getting multiple calls for the same trip. If it's not a manning problem, it's a reserve problem. Too few reserves. Can't agree with the "didn't rely on draft" claim. Unless it means we called but not enough answered so we had failures instead. OR was fed conflicting information.

The company wants badly to come out of 4a2b? If so, I think they would have done a better job of avoiding the need for draft and service failures during peak. Good thing they could tap LCAs and flexes extensively, at least until the service failures. This talking point has no basis in reality.

I wonder if OR knows we're paying more than few guys 120 hrs or more per month and offered multiple draft trips during peak to a select group (CT would call these guys TD scorers) while paying over a third of us 57 hrs a month. With the really onerous, but apparently not fatiguing, pairings relegated to the reserves and most junior, it's even better.

Ethics? Really? Holy double standard Batman!

Sure am glad I'm contributing to those 120 hr guys' VEBA account.

My guess is you won't hear about what's happening now in the ACP meet and greet monologue in a year or so. I also don't think OR was adequately briefed on what actually happened during peak. Was he intentionally misled?

Last edited by Gunter; 01-22-2010 at 07:54 AM.