View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 05:58 AM
AA767AV8TOR
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by OV1D View Post
What makes you think that 2800 junior pilots on furlough justifies the forced retirement 2800 senior pilots? Are you are saying that it is OK to force a senior experienced pilot into poverty just so a junior pilot can move up the seniority list a bit faster. Can you really be so brazen? Where do you draw your values from?
OVID,

I for one am not trying to change the status quo after forty years. This is a federal law that all Part 121 pilots since 1958 have had to plan for. Should I have to pay economically for your poor planning or bad luck?

If a senior pilot is in poverty after being on the historically high wages the last 30 years, that is only due to his/her poor planning, lack of judgment, and financial discipline.

Those junior furloughees that you want to keep out on the street another five years have never had the opportunity to earn a high wages in this profession. Their careers should not be trashed because of the greed of the most senior pilots.

Why should we subject the flying public to the increased risk of an older pilot just to satisfy your own selfish greed? And, don’t give me this BS that an older pilot is not an increased risk. Even ICAO agrees it’s a risk and that’s the reason they are only allowing one pilot over 60 in the cockpit.

You’re living in the “me” generation. It’s easy to see where you get your values from.

AA767AV8TOR