View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:55 PM
nfnsquared
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: UnemploymentJet

Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
BAD for FTU, then MIB later. To clarify, I volunteered for the 3 year "Alpha tour" but that was five years ago. We're stuck until released. More like two months from upgrade. I've regretted leaving when I did, but dodged all the post-ACM airshow crap those dudes have been going through ever since.
Oh yeah, forgot that upgrade was based on total time. Well, if it's any consolation, life in the Nuke world has not been pretty post Aug 07, especially up here at KMIB. We're all wondering how bad it's going to be in AFGSC.

I hadn't heard that you guys were being held up. That sucks. I guess the good news is that you should upgrade very soon after returning, if you decide to hang around. I honestly don't know what I'd do in your situation. It's a tough call. Once you pin on O-4, you'll be making $100K/year without the bonus. Nothing to sneeze at in today's economy.... If you're thinking about getting out, I'd highly recommend completing a Master's degree (if you haven't already) before bailing. Good luck to you! FWIW, I've got 5,000 hours and can't get hired. At least not yet....