View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Problem

Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
if you're doing this for the strict love of hand flying an airplane, then you should probably look into a different type of flying, as no airline, regional or major is going to give you that satisfaction, unless you're flying a nice piece of historic equipment.

Truth is, millions of individuals hate their job, and millions of individuals will retire from the same job they hate. Typically, all we do on here is ***** about how little we're getting paid, although i'm sure we heard what we'd make in the interview, and then after we make crappy pay, we complain about it a lil' more...all said and done, i'd rather not hear the complaining unless someone's doing something to fix the problem.

Also, what good does it do complaining if you're not even in the freakin industry anymore?

I think this thread is doing something to fix the problem. If regional pilots will stop and figure out how little they are getting paid in comparison to other professions then perhaps we will effect change. Self deception does no good. An honest attempt to calculate the real compensation of a career at the regionals I think is a first step.

SkyHigh