View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 06:57 AM
UPSAv8tr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Z F/O

Originally Posted by AA767AV8TOR View Post
So I guess in your world of fairness, it’s OK for me to spend an extra five years of throwing gear at a 30%-40% pay differential because of your bad luck and poor planning. How about the guys that will be out of work for another five years or leave the profession altogether because of your bad luck and poor planning.

Furthermore, ICAO can do what the hell it wants. Nothing is stopping you from going overseas to fly. The only reason there doing it overseas is because of a severe pilot shortage not because of any age discrimination issues. We do not have the same problem here in the US. We have thousands on furlough. A fact that none of you greedy and selfish pilots wants to acknowledge.

You’re attempting to sacrifice the junior membership for your own personal gain.

Just remember – you don’t own that seniority number or your seat. It’s granted by contract. A contract that must be renegotiated in the event of a change in retirement age. If you think the junior membership is going to roll over on this one – you are greatly mistaken.

If this rule is changed, since we all we’re hired with an Age 60 retirement expectation – all crewmembers over the age of 60 must go to the end of the list. No exceptions.

AA767AV8TOR
AA767AV8TOR,

Just so you know, there are more out there like you. Unfortunately, its the squeeky wheel syndrome. Hopefully, it doesn't turn out as the saying goes. I have written to my congressmen about stopping the proposed change. Hopefully, many others have as well.

See my prior post on this subject. I also agree once you turn 60 it would be fair to go to the right seat and/or end of the seniority list.