View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
StrikeTime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: http://rahcontractnow.org/

Originally Posted by belliott View Post
No ignorance here Strike...
Here is how I see it... I don't know this person and I don't trust journalists in general...
I would assume that CNN has the common courtesy to fly you out to there location for an interview and to meet the reporter rather than conduct an interview via e-mail. I never heard of an e-mail interview being aired.

I do work for Colgan and am working to improve conditions here by being involved in ALPA (not just a complaining bystander).
Good luck with that. I don't expect much to get done with ALPA being behind that scene.

I just don't want my words nor those of any other person twisted, embellished, sensationalized, or hacked just so this guy has a story. Because of this I simply choose not to talk to journalists.
Do you really think a reporter from CNN of all places will side with management on an accident where everyone died and twist, embellish, sensationalize, and hack your words to prove that your management team had no fault in this and provided the employees with great working conditions? Maybe on the Cohen News Network... definetly not on the Clinton.

Maybe you could tell him about your airline and he could put together a comparative story of how all regional pilots are being abused.
If my carrier was in the news and had such crappy conditions I would be more than happy to go to the news directly... especially when the union is powerless.